Another episode in which we use shortish clips of actual play to illustrate topics of general RPG interest. This time, the examples are a bit longer and interspersed with memes. Daniel talks about:
- using common thematic elements across multiple campaigns
- how taking time up front to develop lore behind your setting will enrich your game
- how to use Pinterest to populate your adventure locations
- when to draw maps for players
- and how bards can be tolerable (it’s to supply high quality rumors)
Theme music for CCQ is “Monarchy,” the title track of the album from Mosh: https://iammosh.bandcamp.com/album/monarchy
Episode image: public domain
Make a Search Check
podcast: gg no re @ itunes
g+: gg no re
2 thoughts on “128 – re:cap City of the Crepuscular Queen 6”
Another good guided episode. I will say I’ve enjoyed the original actual play format but there are times when I just zone out, usually during extra long combats or when the guys have periods of analysis paralysis. You’ve done really well during this format at vetting the best parts of the play to keep it both informative and entertaining. Maybe find a happy medium between the two formats?
LikeLiked by 1 person
I think that might be where we’re headed.