In this episode, we at last have our spooky times in the haunted house and dig up some dirt on necro-alchemy.
What are skaab? Why is that a word, WotC? Do we exist only to suffer?
Regardless, info here: http://innistradmythos.wikia.com/wiki/The_Skaab. And here, look at all the skaab cards you want: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[skaab].
Asa makes a reference to the “Illuminaughty” in this episode. I think that’s probably worth listening to the episode for. Unless Daniel cut it . . .
There was a music puzzle! I don’t know if the musical section was actually confused, but we were confused at least. Maybe someone can illuminate us on this point. In any case, here is the music in question:
I don’t know if solving the puzzle is necessary to complete the adventure or not:
- If not, props to the writer.
- If it is necessary, that’s something you want to avoid.
Also, I think a good rule for puzzle is:
- give the group a couple minutes to try out a solution or two
- and if that doesn’t work, agree to work on it in downtime
- or have a few people noodling away on it while the rest of the party resumes the action.
We didn’t do that, and thus I cut out a bunch of really boring radio.
The remainder is only mildly boring.
Ep image modified from Peter Claesz, Vanitas Still Life with Self-Portrait, 1628: http://www.wga.hu/html_m/c/claesz/vanitas1.html.